The Human Edge Privacy Notice
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
At The Human Edge (Pty) Ltd we are committed to protecting the privacy of those who visit our website and with whom we do business. We will ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully, and transparently.
About the Company: The Human Edge (Pty) Ltd
- The information we collect:
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements and delivering services accordingly. For this purpose, we will collect your personal contact details, and other personal information.
We collect information where you or your company provide us with your personal details.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
- How we use your information:
We collect, process and disclose your personal data only for specific purposes. For example,
- To process and track your attendance on our programmes.
- To develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites.
- To provide personalised products, communications and targeted advertising as well as product recommendations to you.
Where appropriate, we will ask for your consent to process the personal data. Where you have given consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
As a business, The Human Edge shares your personal data internally and with selected third-parties in the following circumstances:
- Contract Facilitators and Producers when running programs on which you have been registered on.
- Marketing and Mailing contractors who assist us in sending you newsletters and adverts of The Human Edge programmes.
- Your personal data will be used by us or shared with The Human Edge Group for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes.
- Disclosure of information:
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers (such as our Programme Facilitators or Technical Producers) who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
- We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes.
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
- Information Security:
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
- Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Computer and network security.
- Access to personal information.
- Secure communications.
- Monitoring access and usage of private information.
- Governance and regulatory issues.
- Acceptable usage of personal information.
- Retention and disposal of information.
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
- When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information for which we remain responsible, is kept secure.
- We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
- Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and below, and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
- Correction of your information:
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
- Definition of personal information:
According to the Act ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the Protection of Personal Information Act, The Human Edge also includes the following items as personal information:
- All addresses including residential, postal and email addresses.
- How to contact us:
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the following numbers / addresses, also listed on our website.